Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Utah Highland Games and Scottish Festival

Since it was my birthday on Saturday, I decided (last year) to go to the Scottish highland games at Thanksgiving Point. It was well worth the time and money! I loved every minute of it. It was really nice to be wearing my kilt and not be the only one doing so. I made a couple of videos that will show some of the things we saw. The first video is of the massing of the bands. At 12:00 all the bands got together and played. Can you guess what song it is?


I also made a couple of videos of one of the athletic events. It is called the Caber Toss. The idea is to get the really long pole to flip 180 degrees. As you can see from the video, they are really tall and very heavy.







Here is a picture of me near by the groups of bagpipe bands that were at the games competing.


It was lots of fun. We also found out they will be starting Scottish Festival in Cache Valley this year. Can't wait to go to that one!

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

You better be wearing something under the skirt!! LOL